Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Gallstones


So, thanks to my Son... that is really weird saying that, "my Son", I can't believe I have a Son and I am a Mother... anyways, thanks to my Son, I had to have my Gallbladder removed on Friday. (They say that pregnancy is a common cause of gallstones, something about the increased levels of estrogen) The surgery was quick and easy and I was actually was up and walking around that night. I am still a little sore and cranky, but for the most part have recovered well. Allan might say otherwise. :) I asked my doctor if I could keep my stones, but I guess they don't do that sort of thing anymore. I kind of gathered that from the burst of laughter that followed my question. I have attached a picture of some gallstones for those of you that have never seen them. I wish I could say that these are my stones, but unfortunately they belong to Joe Schmo. They are nasty little boogers. Yuck! I can't believe I had those inside of me. One of my nurses, she was really old, said that one of her patients actually kept her stones and had a necklace made out of them. She brought the necklace back to the nurse as a gift. Ummmmmm..... I think that I would have screamed and ran away. I mean what kind of freak thinks that someone would want that as a gift. I can assure you that if I had the privilege of keeping my stones, I would have kept them in a little box (probably one that was bedazzled to say "My Stones") and showed them to everyone that I met, but never, I mean never would I have jewelry made and give it to a stranger.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA. I love that you would bedazzle the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously?!?!?! nooooo, SER-I-OUS-LY!!??!?! this makes me love you even more than i did a few minutes ago... and i already love you A LOT!

    ReplyDelete