Tuesday, July 14, 2009

2 1/2 Days!

WOW! I can't believe it. I only have 2 1/2 days to go! I am sooooo ready. There is still a lot to be done at the house, but at this point I just want this little guy out of me. It has been a lot of fun being pregnant, but most of all it has been uncomfortable. I just have to keep telling myself that it is a small sacrifice for what is about to be the best day of my life. Elissa, me, bringing life into this world, it is so surreal.
Allan is super excited. He felt so let down when the Doctor could not give us the exact time that Peyton would be born. I tried to explain to him that it just does not work that way. He is so confused as to how he is going to let his family know when to be there. I told him that I think that will be the last thing on his mind at that point in time. Besides, I am sure that everyone will be camped out from Dawn to Dusk waiting and pacing impatiently. I don't think that I would be terribly sad for Geki (Allan's Grandmother) to miss the opportunity of barging in the birthing room and filming the whole thing! You think I'm kidding, then you don't know Geki!
My Dad is flying in from Cancun that morning and is begging me to hold Peyton in until he gets there. Once again, I tried to explain to my Dad that it doesn't quite work that way, but I would do my best.
Well, next time I write I guess I will be a Mommy! How strange that feels.

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will keep Geki out of the birthing room don't worry!

    ReplyDelete