Thursday, July 2, 2009

Huck "The Killer Dog"


<----He looks like a killer, doesn't he!
I don't know who to feel more sorry for, Huck, Macy, Myself, or my poor Husband. I got home from work around 6:45 yesterday evening and Allan made me sit on the couch and told me he had some bad news for me. Of course, I immediately started freaking out and letting my pregnant hormones get the best of me. He said, "He didn't mean to, he was just playing, but Huck hurt Macy (my 6 year old cat) really bad today and she died." A couple of characteristics about both animals that you have to know are:
1. Huck absolutely loves cats. I mean he is pretty much obsessed with them. Especially when they are scared of him and won't go near him.
2. Macy was scared of everyone and everything, except for me. She spent her entire life hiding out under a bed. She would only come out if I was the only one around.
So, you can imagine the scenario. Macy was hiding out in the baby's room and Allan wanted her out of there. Allan began shooing her out and in struts Huck. He wanted so badly to play with Macy and was very excited that she was actually out in the open. Allan said the next thing he knew Macy had gone screeching under Huck's legs and into the living room. Well, all it took was one second for Huck to pounce on that poor kitty. She ran and hid behind the couch. When Allan went to check on her, she had already passed away. All I can say is, thank God that I was not there to witness this! Allan buried her and took all of her belongings out of the house. Allan and Macy had a mutual hate for one another, so for him to go to all that trouble really meant a lot to me. He is the best. He just let me cry my eyes out on his shoulder all night long. Today, I feel better about all of it. It was really sad that things had to happen that way, but everything does happen for a reason. With a new baby about to be here, Allan was not thrilled with having a cat, who shed constantly, in the house. I am sure it was all God's perfect timing. But, I do miss her. I will post a picture of that pretty girl as soon as I can.
Just because I don't want to forget: My top 3 favorite things about Macy were......
3. She would sneak into our room at night while Allan and the dogs were still up watching TV
and snuggle with me
2. How retarded she was b/c she was an inbreed from Magen Quiroz parent's house - they
always had like 100 cats running around that were not fixed. They had a new litter of kittens
just about every 6 weeks and they were all each other's brother, sister, mama, daddy, cousin,
and lover.
1. I could always coax her out of her hiding place by singing to her. I know that is weird, but I
swear it is true. :)
And, the top 3 things that I will not miss about Macy are.....
3. She shed more than any other cat that I have ever known
2. Finding a lump of barf stuck in the carpet somewhere was never a surprise.
1. She was so hairy that she always had dingle berries! Gross, but true. I had to get her
behind shaved on a regular basis.

1 comment:

  1. The song would sing to her to come out was either Shout to the Lord or "Maccccccccccccccyyy Giiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrl, Maaaaaaaaaaaacy Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrl"

    And another funny thing about Macy is that she always wanted to be in the bathroom when you got out of the shower so she could rub herself on your wet feet.

    That sweet girl. Even though her eyes would dialate and she would sometimes turn into the spawn of satan, I really did love her and I will miss her lots.

    ReplyDelete