Monday, April 5, 2010

Church Billboards

Why is it that churches find the most ridiculous sayings to put on their billboards for everyone to see? I mean, do they think that these quotes are going to draw people through the doors come Sunday morning? I always make a point to read these signs on my way home each day and text my Sisters the craziest ones. Living in the "Bible Belt" gives me lots to choose from. My favorite one recently has been...

"C-H-_-_-C-H, What is missing? UR!" Oh my gosh, I Am.... I Am!? Well, I better get my butt in the pugh of Theodore Church of God this Sunday!

But, every now and then I run into a billboard that sends a pretty good message. This one recently really made me think....
"To Wink at Sin, is to Live in Sorrow" Wow! That is awesome. That is all that it takes, one little glimpse in sin's direction and your whole world could fall from underneath your feet. Reflect on that for a while!

I think on occasion, I get so caught up living life that I wake up some mornings and realize that I have been living selfishly. Satan makes it so easy to find excuses of why I don't have time to spend with God each day. But, there is no excuse big enough to keep me from slipping into Satan's grasp. We are only one "wink" away from being adulterers, drug addicts, alcoholics, etc. Daily Obedience to Christ and knowing that I am covered by the Blood, is what Saves me again and again, each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment